Orange Popsicles with Citrus Zest Chocolate
Posted in Recipes on 26 May 2021
These thirst quenching, tongue drenching, refreshing tangy popsicles are a true vegan delight in sunny weather. Encapsulating the fresh organic juice of plump oranges and dipped in our best selling Citrus Zest chocolate they are a feast for the senses, and a welcome refreshment for children and adults alike.
As with all of our recipes, they're super simple to make, while the raw chocolate bar chosen is integral to the success of the recipe and the depth of flavours delivered.
The Citrus Zest bar is made lovingly with organic essential oils of grapefruit, lemon and lime which puts the pop in these lollipops.
Here's how to make them in minutes.
- 2 Large Organic Oranges (we used Seville oranges but you can use any, or even satsumas, tangerines, and clementines)
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract or one Vanilla Pod
- 1 teaspoon of Coconut Blossom Sugar
- 1 60g bar of Citrus Zest
For the lollies
- Peel the oranges and place into a food processor with the other ingredients.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Place into ice lolly moulds and into the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
For the coating
- Break up a bar of Citrus Zest.
- Place in a bowl and put the bowl over a small pan of water.
- Gently heat the water while continuously stirring the chocolate.
- When the chocolate is smooth, remove from the heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Quickly dip the frozen popsicles into the chocolate and add zest or sprinkles of your choice.
- Place back into the freezer for 30 minutes.
If you're feeling summery, we have other summer chocolate recipes for you such as our Aquafaba Chocolate Mousse.
You could also try one of our cocktails, like our Elderflower Champagne, to go along with these sophisticated popsicles.
If you'd like to enjoy a five minute read with your popsicle, do take a look at our blog where you can find out which summer chocolate bar suits your personality, and also more information on our chocolate.
Finally, if the sun is making you think about the beach, why not have a pamper before you don the swimsuit with our divine Peppermint and Coconut Body Scrub?
Whatever you decide to do, please do keep in touch!