Raw Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake
Ingredients for the base:
• 5 pitted medjool dates
• 100g oats
• 100g sunflower seeds
• 50g cashews
• 50g coconut oil
For the topping
• 60g coconut oil
• 2x 60g bars The Dark Side 75% Chocolate
• Coconut cream - separated from the top of one 400g tin of coconut milk - Open a tin without shaking it: the cream will have risen to the top.
Method for the base -
1. In a food processor, pulse all of the ingredients for the base until a dough forms that sticks together when pressed between two fingers.
2. Press into a greaseproof lined 6” cake tin, springform ones allow for easy removal, and place into the fridge to set whilst you make the filling.Method for the topping -
3. Melt 60g of coconut oil with two bars of Conscious Chocolate (120g) over a low heat. Allow to cool ever so slightly off the heat and then gently fold in the coconut cream.
4. Spoon chocolate cream over cake base and leave to set in the fridge overnight before removing from the tin. Keep in the fridge before serving.
5. We added a chocolate drizzle to the top of our cheesecake - simply a bar of Conscious melted in a Bain Marie with 1 tbsp coconut oil - which hardens into a delicious chocolate shell!