Double choc banana bread - (using 85% Dark)
Posted in Recipes on 30 April 2020
• 250g gluten free flour blend
• 50g cacao powder
• 150g coconut sugar
• 1 tbsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 4 Medium Ripe Bananas
• 100ml vegan milk of choice
• 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
• 1 Flax Egg (1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Meal with 3 Tbsp Hot Water)
• 2 bars Conscious Chocolate (we used dark side 85)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Mix the flour and cacao powder together in a large mixing bowl then add the coconut sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together until completely combined.
3. In a blender combine ripe bananas, vegan milk and coconut oil. Blend until smooth.
4. Make a flax egg: add 3 tbsp hot water to 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed and leave to gel for at least a minute.
5. Add the blended banana mix and flax egg into the dry ingredients and stir everything together until fully combined. Add around 3/4 of the chopped Conscious Chocolate bar and fold together.
6. Line a standard loaf tin with greaseproof paper and pour the batter into the tin. Smooth down the top of the mixture with the back of a wooden spoon. Add the remaining chopped chocolate to the top and bake for 60 minutes.
7. Leave banana bread to cool fully on a wire cooling rack before slicing and serving.
Enjoy & don't forget to post your images on social media for us to share.