Chia & Coconut Chocolate Breakfast Cookies
Posted in Recipes on 26 January 2021
Chia & Coconut Breakfast Cookies
These vegan & gluten-free cookies are a perfect breakfast treat, as they're packed full of gut loving fibre and plant-based sources of protein. Adding your favourite chocolate to cookies is also a lovely way to feel good about getting a sustaining chocolate fix for breakfast! Featuring one of our favourite bars, Chia and Coconut.
2 tbsp flax mixed with 100ml water
100g porridge oats
70g ground almonds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp fine sea salt
½ tsp baking powder
25g unsweetened shredded coconut
70g pumpkin seeds and / or sunflower seeds
1x 60g bar Chia and Coconut Conscious Chocolate, chopped
60ml melted coconut oil
60g cup smooth almond butter
80ml maple syrup or runny honey
- In a small bowl, mix ground flax with water and set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almond flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, coconut, seeds and chopped Conscious Chocolate.
- Stir together the melted coconut oil, almond butter and liquid sweetener in a jug and add to the dry ingredients. Add the flax mixture and stir well to combine fully.
- Roll into evenly sized balls and flatten gently into cookies on a lined baking tray.
- Bake at 160 degrees C for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool fully before removing from the baking tray and storing in an airtight container.
This recipe features: