Banana Chocolate Chip Chia Muffins
Posted in Recipes on 06 May 2021
The Chia and Coconut bar is integral to the delicious, comforting flavour of these vegan Banana Choc Chip Muffins as the coconut pairs perfectly with the banana while the Chia adds a delicate nutty undertone that compliments the chocolate and brings the whole recipe together.
Ideal for picnics, these Banana Choc Chip muffins are also perfect for breakfast on the go. Nutritious and satisfying they'll deliver a slow release energy burst throughout the day and they're so easy to make.
1 cup of flour (gluten free)
1 medium banana, mashed
A pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1/2 cup of almond milk
3 tablespoons of nut butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 chopped Chia & Coconut chocolate bar
* Pre-heat the oven to 180C (Gas Mark 5)
* Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
* Stir in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and mashed banana until every ingredient is evenly distributed and it is well combined.
* Gently mix in the chopped Chia and Coconut chocolate
* Divide the mixture evenly into 6 muffin cups.
* Top with a few more Chia and Coconut chocolate pieces if desired.
* Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
The aroma of these baking will make you want to eat these hot, fresh from the oven. So soft and moist, you'll adore the unique flavour combinations of the banana, coconut, chocolate and chia embraced in a delicately sweet crumb.
If you'd like to discover other vegan picnic or breakfast foods, feel inspired with our other recipes such as the Cracked Chocolate Biscuit recipe.
If you've fallen in love with the Chia and Coconut bar take a look at our Chia and Coconut Chocolate Breakfast Cookies.