• 240 g gluten free flour
• 260 g coconut sugar
• 60 g cocoa or cacao powder
• Pinch of salt
• 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
• 2 tsp gluten free baking powder
• 240 ml vegetable oil
• 480 ml vegan milk - we used almond
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 ºC) and grease two 6 inch cake tins lightly with vegetable oil.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together.
3. Mix the wet ingredients together, and add them to the dry ingredients. Stir well, until you get a
smooth cake batter.
4. Divide the batter evenly between the two greased cake tins, smooth out the tops, and bake for
about 30 - 40 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool in tins for 10 minutes, then gently turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely
before decorating. Whilst cooling, mix up your chocolate fudge frosting.
6. We decorated ours with chocolate fudge frosting, toasted almonds and shavings of our favourite
Conscious Chocolate bars to give an Easter ‘nest’ feel.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE FROSTING
• 2 bars Conscious Chocolate (we used a combo of our Dark Side bars for a really rich frosting)
• 60g coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Pinch of sea salt
• 60ml vegan milk - we used coconut
1. In a Bain Marie over medium-low heat, melt together the broken up bars of Conscious chocolate,
coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt. Stir until completely smooth.
2. Let the pan cool for about 15 minutes, whisk in the vegan milk until combined, then place in the
fridge for about 10 - 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, or until firm enough to spread. This will
vary depending on what milk you used and how cold your fridge is, so keep checking. 3. Remove the
frosting from the fridge and use to sandwich the two cakes together and spread over the top of the
assembled cake, ready for decorating.