180g gluten-free flour blend
60g cacao powder
160g coconut sugar
1 tsp baking powder
250ml non-dairy milk (we used coconut)
80ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of half a lemon
1 Flax Egg - 1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp boiling water
Aquafaba - liquid from 1x can chickpeas
120g Conscious Dark Side 75, gently melted
100g coconut sugar
1. In a mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients: flour, cacao, coconut sugar and baking powder.
2. Make your flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp ground flaxseed with 3 tbsp boiling water.
3. Add milk, olive oil, lemon juice and flax egg to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Spoon into cupcake cases and bake at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes.
4. To make the aquafaba ganache, start by emptying the liquid from one tin of chickpeas into a
large mixing bowl. Using an electric whisk, start whipping the liquid until it turns frothy. At this
point adding 1 tsp of cream of tartar can help it to thicken.
5. Gradually add in the coconut sugar. Keep whisking for a good 10 - 15 minutes until you achieve
6. Gently fold through the melted chocolate and leave in the fridge to thicken for 30 mins before
frosting the cooled cupcakes.