• 4 medium carrots, grated
• 120ml melted coconut oil
• 170g coconut sugar
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 300 ml vegan milk - we used almond
• 375g wholewheat spelt flour
• 2 tsp baking powder - gluten free
• 2 tsp ground cinnamon
• Zest of 1 lime
• ½ tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Fill a muffin tin with muffin cases.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the melted oil, coconut sugar and vanilla until combined, then stir in the
3. Sift in the spelt flour, baking powder and cinnamon and stir until combined. Stir in the salt, lime
zest and grated carrot.
4. Divide the batter between the muffin cases and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until an
inserted skewer comes out clean.
5. Put baked muffins onto a wire rack to cool completely before frosting with our cashew
• 200g raw cashews (soaked for 6-8 hours)
• 100ml full fat coconut milk
• 3 tbsp maple syrup
• 60ml melted coconut oil
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• Pinch sea salt
1. Drain soaked cashews thoroughly and add to a blender. Also add remaining ingredients then
blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Transfer frosting to a medium mixing bowl and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove from
freezer and whisk. Freeze for another 30 minutes and whisk again.
3. Leave in the freezer until semi-firm to the touch - between 2 and 3 hours - then use a hand mixer
or whisk to blend until creamy and smooth, and your frosting is ready to use.
4. Keep frosted cakes in the fridge until ready to serve - as the frosting will begin to soften out of the