Home-Made Luxury Body & Skincare
Posted in News on 23 July 2020
With the summer holidays upon us we have a little more time ... to relax ... to be creative ... and to take care of ourselves.
At Conscious Chocolate we pride ourselves in making luxury sustainable as well as delicious and with the sun shining we have got inspired to go a step further!
I would never put on my body an ingredient I couldn’t feel good about eating (as our skin absorbs these ingredients into our bodies) and so I have been thinking about creating some ‘Conscious Cosmetics’ for some time and the summer is THE perfect time for skin care! The best thing about these products is you can make them yourself and they are plastic free!
The Conscious Chocolate bars made with essential oils are so luxurious that I have been inspired to turn them in to beauty products too! Have a look at the two we have made especially for the summer for you –
Make your own Love Potion No 9 Inspired Rose Body Butter and Citrus Zest inspired Refreshing Citrus Deodorant - and see our gorgeous videos to get a step by step guide!
1). LOVE POTION NO 9 BODY BUTTER
This amazing and luxurious body butter is all about the rose oil and was of course inspired by the Love Potion No 9 bar – we wanted to use as many of the gorgeous ingredients in this bar to come up with a body butter that is really speacial. The romance and exotic floral flavour of the rose oil in our Love Potion No 9 bar is just perfect for a body butter
80g coconut butter
60g cacao butter
60g sweet almond oil
2 tsp. arrowroot powder
2 g rose essential oil
1. Melt together coconut butter, cocoa butter and sweet almond oil together gently in a bain marie.
2. Add arrowroot powder and stir to combine until completely smooth.
3. Chill in the freezer for 2 minutes. Then add rose essential oil and mix to combine.
4. When fully combined, place back in the freezer for 10 minutes or until thickened and whip using an electric whisk until light and smooth.
5. Store in an airtight jar and use within 6 months.
2). NATURAL CITRUS ZEST DEODORANT
The refreshing and uplifting Citrus Zest bar lends itself perfectly as inspiration for a Natural Citrus Zest Deodorant and I love that this has no plastic or packaging.
1/2 cup arrowroot
1/4 cup bicarbonate of soda
20g coconut oil
100g coconut butter
Grapefruit, lemon and lime essential oils
1. Gently melt coconut oil and butter together.
2. Add in 1/2 cup arrowroot and 1/4 cup bicarbonate of soda. Stir to combine.
3. Add in 5 drops of essential oils of each: grapefruit, lemon and lime. Mix until
4. Pour into a jar and allow to set overnight before using.
I hope you have loads of fun making these and that your skin and senses come alive and feel nourished. These brought us so much joy!
Happy Days, Emma xx