Posted in News on 26 May 2020
Homemade elderflower cordial is so much better than anything you can buy. Serve with sparkling water for a refreshing drink or sparkling wine for a delicious cocktail.
- 30 elderflower heads
- 1.7litres/3 pints boiling water
- 900g/2lb coconut blossom sugar
- 50g/2oz citric acid
- 2 unwaxed oranges, sliced
- 3 unwaxed lemons, sliced
- Gently rinse over the elderflowers to remove any dirt or little creatures.
- Pour the boiling water over the sugar in a very large mixing bowl. Stir well and leave to cool.
- Add the citric acid, the orange and lemon slices, and then the flowers.
- Leave in a cool place for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Strain through some muslin and transfer to sterilised bottles.